PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

July 11, 2014

Surviving in Public with PUPPPs



I'm going to a wedding this weekend...and I have to bring PUPPPs with me. Obnoxious party crasher.

Here's my survival plan.

First of all, let me just say that if my PUPPPs was at its worst, I would skip the wedding. The rash is no joke, and I'm in no condition to go out in public when it's peaking! So, my advice if you are supposed to be attending the nuptials of friend's this summer? Skip it! And don't feel bad!

However, my rash is tolerable at this point, so I'm going to attempt attendance.
  • Bring your favorite ointment! I plan to slather myself every chance I get. I'll be excusing myself to the restroom frequently to reapply. 
  • Keep it brief! I'm only staying as long as I need to. Things can get dicey if I'm away from my itch-reducing routine for too long.
  • Be comfortable! I'm wearing a loose fitting dress. No tight stuff for me! (See my post about clothing tips for PUPPPs.) 
  • Consider pre-treating. If you have a silver bullet for itch relief that isn't appropriate to use in public, make sure you take care of it right before! I plan to increase my dose of dandelion root before I go and make all efforts to NOT scratch for a day or two prior. Both those things keep the inflammation at bay. 
A note about going to work with PUPPPs...

I'm so happy to be a stay at home mom at present. Life would be so much more complicated if I was attempting to make it through a work day with PUPPPs. If anyone has tips about working with PUPPPs, please PLEASE feel free to comment. The only thing I can think of is bringing a cooler of ice packs with you to work everyday and applying them liberally! It would probably be helpful to bring your superiors on board with the condition of your rash so that they can have a better understanding of how to accommodate you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment