PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

July 7, 2014

PUPPPs...alternate acronyms

PUPPPs. It stands for Pruritic Urticarial Papules & Plaques of Pregnancy.

What a mouthful. 

Pruritic means itchy. 
Urticarial means hive-like.
Papules means raised, hard puffy spots on the skin. 
And plaques are just abnormal spots on the skin. 

So really, it means...strange itchy, puffy hives of pregnancy. 

I think they could have done better than that. But if they are going to use PUPPPs, here are my suggestions for what it SHOULD stand for...

Phenomenally Ugly Pink & Purple Pimpley-things

Persistent Ultra Painful Peculiar Protuberances

Person Uncontrollably Prone to Picking & Pouts

Perilous Unbearable Perplexing Persistent & Prickly

Pregnant Upset Pitiful Panicky Person

Puzzling Ugliest Psychotic Preposterous rash of Pregnancy

Powerful Unpredictable Pervasive Puffy rash of Pregnancy

Any other suggestions? I think the medical community could use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment