PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

July 13, 2014

Boy or Girl? Does PUPPPs mean boy?



According to this scientific study, no, having PUPPPs does NOT mean you are having a boy.

I think we've all wondered at that statistic that 70% of PUPPPs babies are boys. I know for me personally, that's just silly. I've had THREE GIRLS so far.

Well, this study, published in a 2005 volume of the British Journal of Dermatology, was done in two big hospitals in Austria and London. It looked back at a group of 181 patients with PUPPPs and analyzed the data. Statistically, boys were no more likely than girls in the group.

Ha! Finally, a little piece of research that backs up MY story!

I think I'll do a little non-scientific study of my own and put up and poll about gender over on the right side of my blog. Please vote if you know the gender of your PUPPPs baby! By the way, if you're viewing the blog using the mobile version, you won't be able to see the polls. Click on the website version at the bottom of the page.

Here's the summary of the article: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment