PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

July 14, 2014

Current Discussion Forums

Anyone else out there having trouble finding discussion forums with active conversation? I certainly am!

Here are links to the most recently active that I can find:

I-am-pregnant forum (last active 32 days ago, as of this post.)

Babycenter forum (last active 8 days ago, as of this post. I reactivated it, and someone posted after me.)

What to Expect Forum (Best I can tell, this was last active in May of 2014)

Another What to Expect Forum (Last active in February of 2014)

ALL the other forums I can find are years old! There is a serious lack of conversation for currently suffering mommas.

Feel free to start chatting in the comment sections of any of my posts! I'll check on comments daily.


3 comments:

  1. There is a consistent discussion on the fact that PUPPPs could be related to the liver (hence I am running out on my lunch break to get some dandilion tea, etc. today to start that treatment). But, I wanted to know if others were originally prescribed iron supplements. This is my second pregnancy. I didn't have PUPPPs during my first. The only difference is that about a month ago, I was instructed to begin iron supplements, since I was severely anemic. I stopped taking the supplements yesterday, and I am hoping this may clear up the symptoms. Are you taking any iron supplements?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fascinating! You are the first I've heard of to bring up a possible connection with iron supplements. Perhaps, it's a factor for some women. I'm not currently on any iron supplements. But I do take liquid chlorophyll to prevent anemia, which works incredibly well for me. (I am usually very anemic in pregnancy as well.) I'll include your comment in a new post so that more people will see it and be able to offer their experiences. I'm sorry that you have PUPPPs! And on your second pregnancy too! I am constantly hearing stories of people that defy the "norms" of PUPPPs. Hope you find some relief with the dandelion root!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete