PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

July 28, 2014

Reader Comment: Do iron supplements play a role in PUPPPs?

Hello PUPPPs community,

I received a comment from a reader that I thought deserved more attention and input. She noticed a correlation with beginning an iron supplement and the development of her PUPPPs. While I haven't personally experienced this, I'm quite curious if any of you have! Please comment on this post and let her know if you have or have not experienced anything similar!

Here is her comment (You can see her original comment on my Current Discussion Forums Post.):

"There is a consistent discussion on the fact that PUPPPs could be related to the liver (hence I am running out on my lunch break to get some dandilion tea, etc. today to start that treatment). But, I wanted to know if others were originally prescribed iron supplements. This is my second pregnancy. I didn't have PUPPPs during my first. The only difference is that about a month ago, I was instructed to begin iron supplements, since I was severely anemic. I stopped taking the supplements yesterday, and I am hoping this may clear up the symptoms. Are you taking any iron supplements?"


No comments:

Post a Comment