PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

July 2, 2014

PUPPPs Clothing Tips


I am a pretty modest person. But when it comes to PUPPPs, the less clothing the better. Unfortunately, life requires clothing. So, you've got to figure out what to wear that will be the least irritating on your skin. 

Through the FOUR times that I've had this rash, I've found a few things that help. 

Cotton and Silk

When possible, go natural. Simple cotton T-shirts. Not too tight. Not too loose. Loose clothing tickles your skin and just adds to the problem, in my opinion. Tight clothing creates irritation points. Irritation points = rash. Jeans are not your friend. They are a bad combination of lots of seams and tight spots. My current rash started 6 weeks ago. I think I've worn jeans twice since then and regretted both times. Skirts like this one from Old Navy are my super-duper faves. I wear them with leggings so that the bottom hem of the skirt doesn't tickle my legs. (These leggings are my current favorites. Very smooth.) Any skirt with that soft, fold-over, t-shirt material top is good. I have half a dozen of them. 




Shun tags!

If possible, find clothing that has no tag built in. You know, the ones where they just print on the brand, size, etc. Cut out your other tags! I find that my skin flares up with a big patch of rash anywhere there is an irritation. My rash usually starts at my underwear and bra lines. Speaking of bras...

Undergarments

I stop wearing all underwear with seams. (Actually, I shun seams whenever possible too.) I look for this kind kind instead. I found mine at Target. Seamless undies rock.



As for bras, I used to wear those heavy duty, underwire, have-their-own-zip-code-monstrosities specifically for maternity use. I'm pregnant, I need to wear maternity stuff, right? Eh. No. During my 3rd pregnancy, I switched over to a super comfortable bra made by a company called Coobie. (Find them here.)



Aren't they pretty? They are lightyears more comfortable than my old underwire medieval torture devices. Very few seams. Things blossom rather abundantly when I'm pregnant, and they do the job. Not quite as uplifting, but WELL worth the comfort. They even make a "full size" version for the extra well-endowed among us. Normally, my worst patch of rash is under my bra line, but now that I'm wearing this kind, the rash is pretty minimal there. There are also knock-offs of this bra. I have one by a company called Anemone. Looks like it was made in the same factory. I'm pretty sure you can find similar products at your local big box store too. Remember, the fewer seams against your skin, the better! And not too tight!

Ladies, I hope this helps y'all be more comfortable!

Note: I'm not getting any kickbacks from these companies. They are truly just products I've found really helpful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment