PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

August 1, 2014

Black Cherry Juice Update

I've been testing the Black Cherry Juice remedy for a couple weeks now, and I DO feel like I'm seeing some positive results!



Here's a little info link about why the highly anti-inflammatory Black Cherry Juice is helpful: Black Cherry Juice Info

And here's the gist: Black Cherry Juice contains anthocyanins, a type of antioxidant that helps to block enzymes that cause inflammation. As well we know, PUPPPs is quite the inflammatory process. So, there does seem to be some science behind why this tasty remedy may help!

And boy, is it tasty! Tastes just like eating the canned cherries from my Grandpa's farm when I was a little girl.

I've been drinking 8 oz a day for about 2 weeks. I wasn't consistent at first, due to traveling, but I have been very consistent this last week, and my rash looks quite a bit better. The itch is less severe as well. Unfortunately, it's hard to say whether that is just the natural pattern of my PUPPPs taking its course or the juice really helping. But I'm pretty sure it can't be hurting, and it tastes so good!

I would highly recommend giving it a try!!

This is the brand I'm drinking, in case you're curious. 

8 comments:

  1. Exciting! I am going to try this. While visiting my mum she gave me body shop tea tree oil for blemishes. I put it on a small patch of rash. It burned like heck, but the next day the rash was less raised and red. So far I have found it more effective on smaller patches rather than say, my thigh. But worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited about the potential of what essential oils might do for PUPPPs. I've been researching them and testing them on myself for a while, trying to figure out a good combo. So it's pretty exciting to hear that Tea Tree helped you! Please let me know how the cherry juice goes!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I tried this my second pregnancy and boy did it work wonders!!! I started having a rash at the beginning of my third trimester. Found this blog post around week 36. Downed a whole bottle (same brand as the one mentioned above in this blog) the first two days. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I was desperate! At week 38 my PUPPPs completely cleared up! So happy!!! 3 weeks postpartum my rash came back, but only in one spot. I knew it was PUPPPs because it itched only at night. I went and bought 2 bottles of the black cherry juice and within 2 days it cleared up. Definitely buying in that this really works to stop the itchiness from the inside out naturally!!! Hopefully others will get the same results as me because I spent so much and tried so many kinds of remedies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! That's awesome! And tasty too! So encouraging!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this blog. Back in January I developed PUPPS during my pregnancy and nothing that the dr's could prescribe me worked, until I read this post. Within 5 days my skin was clearing thanks to the black cherry juice.
    If only I hadn't taken 5 weeks to find this post! I will pass this info on to anyone else I know who goes through PUPPS.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing!! I'm so glad my blog had answers for you! Thank you for sharing so other Moms can benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 33 weeks into my 4th pregnancy and have PUPPS like a mutha... hurts so bad, the burning, itching and sleepless nights! It's unbearable! Wonder why I never got pupps with my other pregnancies... Hmm... Weird. But I AM glad I stumbled across this blog! Thank you!!!!! I'll be buying gobs of black cherry juice first thing tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could help! If this is your first time with puppps, I highly recommend trying dandelion root capsules too! Tons of women have success with them! I hope you find relief!!

      Delete