PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

August 5, 2014

Essential Oil Journey

I'm embarking on a research journey. 

Actually, I've been on the journey for a little while now. I started getting into essential oils when I was pregnant with my first. I made a stretch mark belly butter with lovely smelling oils to prevent scarring. To this day, I've never gotten a stretch mark, though I suspect that has a lot to do with my genetics. 

These days, I use essential oils on a daily basis in my homemade baby wipes and in my homemade deodorant. 

My handy, 2 inch thick reference book. 

It was only recently that I thought of using essential oils for PUPPPs. (How that escaped me for the first 3 bouts with PUPPPs, I do not know...) A reader recently commented that she was finding a little success in small tests with tea tree oil. This inspired me to let you know that I have been in the process of developing and testing a blend of essential oils for my rash. I'm still researching the safety of all the oils, as I want to make sure I know what there is to know on that subject before I start promoting the idea. I'm also testing, testing, testing. I've gone through a LOT of oils! 

Through all my looking, I've only found 2 essential oil products for PUPPPs. The reviews are compelling! (Although, I bet the ladies that it doesn't help aren't as likely to give a reiew at all.) 

I'm guessing that as essential oils are kind of an up and coming thing lately, a lot of people don't even know to try them. 

I'd love to hear your feedback...have you tried essential oils for your PUPPPs rash? Any luck?

4 comments:

  1. I have a homemade itch cream that has worked amazingly well to cool the itch. I buy a jar of vitamin E cream and add essential oils of peppermint, tea tree, calendula, and roman chamomile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has some similar oils to my experimental blend. Very cool! Has it just calmed the itch, or is it also healing it up?

      Delete
  2. It seems to help with healing as well as calming and cooling. It doesn't completely clear it up I'm trying dandelion root now too, but I made this before I heard of DR and it got me through two weeks of misery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty exciting to hear! I hope the combo clears it up entirely for you. Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm really hoping to fine tune a combo that relieves and heals as well!

      Delete