PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

April 14, 2015

Almost 1/2 a year is over...

...since I had my 4th PUPPPs baby! She'll be 6 months old soon! 


I thought it was time to update you all. 

The big question...am I still itching!?!

Well, yes and no. 

I wish I could just say no. But my skin stays...weird for quite a while after a baby. 

Prior to having my first child, I had boringly normal skin. Nothing to report. Not even a touch of eczema. But after each baby, it seems to take quite a while for my skin to normalize. 

The main PUPPPs rash typically goes away around 2 months postpartum. But in it's stead, I have experienced everything from eczema in my elbows and behind my knees to a sudden, strong sensitivity to my wedding ring!

Currently, I have eczema on my arms, an itchy patch of skin on my belly, and and I can't wear my wedding ring at all! My ring finger breaks out in crazy itchy bumps and scaly dry skin if I wear it even for a short time. I've never been allergic to it before a month ago! 

My skin has just never been the same since PUPPPs. I wish some expert could tell me why, but my doctor and midwives haven't a clue. I'm curious if any other post PUPPPs moms out there have had the same experience! Please comment if you have anything to share! 

12 comments:

  1. I sometimes get what seem like flareups, but they never pop up in the normal PUPPPS spots (like belly or upper legs). A few weeks ago I had a "flare" of it on one of my knuckles. So weird.

    I'm so worried I'm going to get PUPPPS again with my next pregnancy now that I've had it once. Yuck.

    So glad you write this blog though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of glad to know I'm not the only one that has weird skin issues after PUPPPs!

      I completely understand the fear of getting it again!! It's a nightmare! I have found ways to cope with it, but those things don't work for everyone! I hope you never face it again.

      Delete
  2. It definitely sounds like candida to me. I get a rash on my elbows when yeast is starting to get out of control. Makes me think PUPPPS could be yeast related. And yeast is not hard to get rid of with oil of oregano!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wondered about candida in the past! It's seems like kind of an en vogue problem right now, but that doesn't mean it isn't the root! I have heard theories that certain "bugs" feed on the pregnancy hormones and this theirs problems are exacerbated during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would sure be interested to see some real research on that!!

      Delete
    2. Most itchy skin, eczema, (and even allergic reactions) are from yeast, so everything you describe screams yeast to me. Btw.....Oil of Oregano can NOT be taken during pregnancy, but is great when nursing. Even gets rid of any yeast/thrush baby might have if you are breastfeeding. So, when not pregnant is the best time to get rid of yeast, since it's much harder to deal with when pregnant when what you can take is more limited. My midwife says yeast can be dealt with in 5 days with a good quality Oil of Oregano drops. Sure beats the 3 month VERY restrictive diet I had done previous to learning that!

      Delete
    3. Do you take the oregano essential oil internally? Did you have any die off symptoms?

      Delete
    4. NOT the essential oil!! Oil of Oregano is different. (If you take the essential oil internally it can damage your liver very fast.) Google Wild Mediterranean Oil of Oregano. I know www.azurestandard.com has it. And, no, I don't remember any die off symptoms with it. Of course not eating starches, sugars, pickles, etc.... will also help get rid of candida since it feeds on those things. If a person craves sugar, sweets, and/or breads, it's VERY likely they have a yeast issue.... Also, you might want your hubby to do the Oil of Oregano same time as you since you could be getting yeast from him if he has it.

      Delete
    5. Oh! I didn't know there was such a thing!! Thank you!! We love azure. I'll look into it!

      Delete
  3. My PUPPPs is making a comeback, and I'm devastated! My son is now three months old, and I thought the horrid rash was a distant memory. Who thought this was possible?! I've tried everything you've mentioned except for the essential oils. Are you selling on etsy? If not, I'm headed out on an oil mission today. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still am. Check out your esty account for my reply. I'm so sorry your rash is back!!

      Delete
  4. Hello! I keep commenting and it doesn't show up on your site so i thought I would try once more. :) I would love to buy some of the oil mixture from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you're having trouble with commenting! It worked that time! :) Please feel free to email me at pupppsmom@gmail.com if you're still interested in my oil blend.

      Delete