PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

To all my itchy friends, I hope you are finding ways to be thankful this year! 

I am dealing with a new nasty postpartum PUPPPs rash, but I am thankful...

... For a baby to hold that keeps my hands too full to scratch. 
... For essential oils that consistently heal the flare ups. 
... For a husband that serves me while I adjust to being a mom of 4. 


Look at that face! It's pretty hard to think of anything else when this girl wants to visit. 

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog and can't express my happiness! I have not been able to connect with a single person who understands this rash. My OB is utterly clueless. My rash started during the first trimester of my fifth pregnancy last year. I never had any skin issues during my other 4 pregnancies. My sweet baby is almost 6 months old and the rash came back a month ago. Depending on my steroid cream to survive but I really hate resorting to strong meds. Definitely going to try your essential oil blend once I can get the oils. That is literally the only thing I haven't tried. I even eliminated all sugar and grains from my diet...and nothing. Interestingly, I got the flu when I was I was 5 months pregnant. My rash cleared up almost as soon as I had a fever and never came back until last month. It's as if my body was too busy attacking the virus to attack me! Sorry to ramble...just so relieved to find all the useful info on your blog. Congratulations on your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the reason I made this blog! I'm so glad you commented. First of all, I have come across so many atypical cases of PUPPPs that I'm really starting to wonder about the official data out there. Getting it for the first time with your 5th definitely doesn't fit the "first pregnancy" norm. I'm sorry it came back!

      Your theory about your immune system attacking the virus instead of you is actually pretty intriguing! I wish there was a good way to test that sort of thing. In the mean time, I hope the oils work as well for you! My postpartum rash is just starting to fade. It usually takes about 2 weeks for the oils to start healing, though they bring temporary relief with every application! Hope this is my last flare-up!

      Delete