PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

November 11, 2014

Postpartum PUPPPs



Well, I'm holding my 1 week old, precious baby girl! We did it! Made it through yet another pregnancy with PUPPPs. 

And guess what? It's back! 

By the end of my pregnancy, it had calmed down again. It was nearly gone. But after a couple days wearing those funky, oh-so-attractive, hospital provided undergarments (you know the ones??), I developed a pretty good rash on my lower belly. In the last few days, I'm back in my PUPPPs-friendly clothes, but it's too late. The damage was done. The rash is spreading. I'm applying my oils like crazy and considering attempting a 7 star hammer treatment. 


It's hard for a picture to capture just how itchy this is!! See the sheen? I had just put my essential oil blend on it. Ahhh, the cooling relief of peppermint!


I wish I could capture those bumps better! 

I know I am not alone. Many of you mommas have had their rash worsen after baby comes. In the past, mine has taken a good 2 months to go away. Hope it's shorter this time!

Nov. 14th, 2014 **UPDATE**
  Once again, my essential oil blend has saved the day again! After treating the rash for a couple days with it, the rash is fading in size and intensity! Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on your beautiful little girl!!!!! And guess what hit me like a ton of bricks on monday.. :( But not too bad. My dermatologist said its common for PUPPP to return its evil face with lochia... Not currently happy but i have been using tea tree oil and peppermint oil.. the walgreens generic lol and it helps oh so very much. The patches are small but oh the mean ol nasty itch! makes me just want to scream sometimes. I have been lucky my mother will see what she calls my itchy face and take the baby for me so i can calm down for a bit. Its cooling down quite a bit down here in florida so i just step outside and try and relax.
    I hope we both recover from this evil skin spawn soon!
    Again congrats from my family to yours she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It sure does help to have an adorable baby girl to distract from the itch. Though it is awkward when the itch demands scratching and I'm in the middle of a nursing session. I'm sorry yours is back!! Gah! I liked your description...evil skin spawn. Ha! Gotta love peppermint oil and standing in the cold! It's a little too chilly here for outside...5 degrees. Maybe I could freeze the rash off like a wart?? Haha.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I do believe 5 degrees is a little too chilly to go out but you never know it may help! My patches have become smaller in the past few days ( yay) I cant wait to put this all behind me! I have decided to spoil myself and use my normal body wash that I have missed. Felt good not coming out of the shower smelling like burnt pine!
      Enjoy your little one!

      Delete