PUPPPs Relief Mission

PUPPPs is my thing.
I don't really want it to be my thing, but after having it with ALL of my pregnancies, it's my thing. I am a mom of 4 little girls, and I'm pregnant with my fifth sweet, tiny person. There are so many women out there suffering from PUPPPs and very few places dedicated to information about PUPPPs. My goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for information and conversation about this horrid rash.

October 24, 2014

On the home stretch...

Hello, fellow itchy people! 

I know my last post was about how everything was working well. It mostly still is. But something must have shifted hormonally, because one of my pesky patches of rash has flared up again in the last two weeks. It is SO itchy. 

I do wonder if it has so do with the fact that my 1 year old lost my bottle of essential oils for about 3 days. (I found it under her crib, between some toys!) Right after that stretch of having no oils for maintenance, the rash came back! That does seem like quite a coincidence, no?

Anyway, I'm enduring, because my due date is only 12 days away! We're almost there! Pretty soon, I will have a precious newborn in my arms and plenty of distraction from the itch. What a welcome event! 

I'm thinking about all you ladies out there on your own home stretches! Hang in there!

**Fall in my neck of the woods.**

4 comments:

  1. Oh no hun I am sorry to hear that your itch has returned! Hopefully it will all be over for you soon!
    I am almost at my 3ed week without this pesky bugger and I have noticed my skin is super sensitive. I finally got to shave my legs ( a C-section with staples has me on the slow track) and while I was shaving and the blade is not brand new it has been used 2 times before and I only use them 3 times (I'm kinda a germ a phobe and toss em on 3) and my skin was getting more nicks in it than normal and I was barely applying pressure. I have also noticed that even with a mosquito bite I would bleed with the gentle of scratching. Did you have the sensitive skin like this after your other PUPPP out breaks have gone away?
    Good luck on your last bit of home stretch till your new little one arrives! Are your other ones excited?
    And your fall looks so wonderful! I miss it back home in Illinois all the colors are just amazing! Here there are no colors it goes from green to dead :(
    But please keep us updated I can't wait to hear of your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No baby yet. :)
      I can't remember...have you been applying steroid for your rash? A major side effect of steroids is thin, delicate skin. That would definitely explain what you've been experiencing! It'll fade slowly as the effects of the steroids go away. I had very sensitive skin when I was on them with baby #3!

      Delete
    2. Yes I am using a steroid cream. Ok that explains that, Thank you.
      I was getting very worried cause even my little girls nails were leaving some scratches on my skin and i was getting very worried. I hope you have your little one soon! I'm excited for you! Enjoy your last few days of some relaxing I'm sure with your other 3 they are just as excited and wondering when their new sibling will arrive!

      Delete
    3. Glad to help explain a mystery!

      Thank you! My girls wake up every day and tell me how many more days until the due date! :) I'm trying to catch up on everything (like laundry!), so there's a good break ahead!

      Delete